All news will be posted in our twitter in the upcoming months.
Please, follow us there to be updated, ask questions or make suggestions!
Ancient Cities is a survival and strategy city builder based on ancient times. It is currently being greatly developed by UncasualGames. Starting in the Neolithic era you will have to guide your people along generations, discovering and improving technologies, managing resources and population, facing your human or natural enemies, and ultimately, building the most fantastic city of the antiquity in a fully simulated world and ecosystem. When released, the game will be available on Steam for PC.
We love tech, strategy games, History, Archeology and cities. Of course, we dream, as you do, with a gorgeous strategy city simulator that can let the player develop its city along the ages in a credible and immersive way. We have chosen to start at the origin of cities, in the late Neolithic era. It was logic, and it is also highly suitable for the project; new eras introduce new gameplay and game features over what existed before. Just as real life. We are developing our own custom render technology for this game because this allows us to render what we envision: Thousands of items in screen at the same time with nice fps, offering the player breathtaking images of their cities. Both, gameplay and detail are important to us. We are presenting you our first game. And depending to a great extend on the budget, we intend to include late Neolithic and Bronze age in the final release. We expect Ancient Cities to become a powerful platform for next developments, moving us more and more into the realms of History, exploring different places and ages around the world with you: Greece, Rome or Middle Ages... For this to become true we need your support on this first project. We know you will love this as much as we do.
All meaningful for gameplay!
- Build your city along the ages with evolving gameplay
- Simulated years, seasons, day cicles and weather
- Simulated ecosystem where every vegetal and animal you see is growing, reproducing and dying Exploit and take care of it
- Natural disasters
- Build your defenses to protect your city. Ancient times were harsh!
- Switchable gameplay layers like combat or natural disasters. Play your game!
- Organic city layouts let you plan and build your city in a realistic way
- Wonders, including megaliths!
- Very innovative technology system
- Politics, religion, social classes and family structures
- Every citizen attributes, experience and knowledge are simulated. Each citizen has his own aspirations and decide how to live, where they work or if they come or leave the city.
- Economy, resource management and production chains including clothing, tools, food, wares, etc...
- Decay of building and resources. No more bread lasting for years!
- Simulated world context and migrations. Different factions use trading, fighting and influence to dominate the world.